Manage episode 249660260 series 2294443
DAVID TAO Co-Founder and Editor of media brand BarBend
- David Thomas Tao is an entrepreneur, editor, and voice actor based in New York City.
- He is the Co-Founder and Editor of BarBend.com, a media brand that provides multi-platform coverage of news, analysis, training, and opinion in strength training and sports.
- One of the largest and fastest-growing fitness sites on the web, BarBend is the Official Media Partner of USA Weightlifting and is also a partner broadcaster for the 2019 Reebok CrossFit Games.
- David is a 2019 Forbes 30 Under 30 list maker for Media. A veteran of the health & fitness industry, he has nearly a decade of experience building and running editorial teams in the space
- David graduated from Harvard University and served for several years as Editorial Director/Chief Content Officer of Greatist.com.
- In addition to his work in the health & fitness industry, David has been a writer for Fortune and Fortune.com, as well as a contributor to Forbes.com, Slate, and numerous other outlets across the web and in print.
- David tells us your story before being a Forbes 30 under 30. Was life always easy?
- Graduating from Harvard is a big deal, how has that helped you in business?
- You were an intern at Rolling Stone Magazine?
- David, why Bar Bend?
- What is the landscape of niche content?
- How do you build a loyal niche audience?
- What are some strategies for partnering with larger organizations? What about content syndication?
- How can content businesses insulate themselves from seasonal shifts?
- How do you recruit writers and contributors?
DAVID TAO’S COMPANY:
- BarBend is a news, analysis, entertainment, and opinion platform for what’s relevant in strength-based competition and training. And is an independent website with multiple contributors
- BarBend is the Official Media Partner of USA Weightlifting
- Celebrates diverse methods and modes of strength training and sport.