Manage episode 190349163 series 1381302
Charlotte Druckman, the author of Stir, Sizzle, Bake joins The Food Schmooze® party with recipes for your cast-iron skillet (LOVE!). We’ll talk to Charlotte about her cheesy Colombian-style arepas, Frito-Crusted Cornbread, Carrot-Currant Crostata (what a combo!), and her Wholesome Apple-Quince Pie. We loved the idea of a skillet pie for Thanksgiving, or any fall gathering. Plus we’ll tell you how to pick the fastest line at the grocery checkout, thanks to a New York Times article, and share our own recipe ideas for the easiest ratatouille and an apple butter you can make in the slow cooker. It’s the perfect thing to make-ahead, freeze, and pull out for holiday appetizers or to give as gifts. There's a little bit of everything to bridge the seasons and get a jump on holiday cooking and homemade gifts.
Aired: September 15, 2016 and October 26, 2017
CONTRIBUTORS AND GUESTS:
• Chris Prosperi — chef/owner, Métro Bis in Simsbury, Conn.
• Alex Province — wine expert
• Charlotte Druckman —author of Stir, Sizzle, Bake
• “Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Justin Timberlake
• “Patience,” Guns N’ Roses
• “Beans and Cornbread,” Louis Jordan and The Tympany Five
• “California – Cast-Iron Soul,” Jamestown Revival
• “Cast-Iron Pan,” Putnam Smith
• “Everybody Eats When They Come to My House,” Cab Calloway
103 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 49 mins duration .