Manage episode 250273709 series 2087567
Scott Harrison is the founder and CEO of charity: water, and the New York Times Bestselling author of Thirst: A Story of Redemption, Compassion, and a Mission to Bring Clean Water to the World. In 13 years, with the help of more than 1 million donors worldwide, charity: water has raised more than $400 million and funded more than 44,000 water projects in 28 countries. When completed, those projects will provide over 10 million people with clean, safe drinking water.
If you would like to help bring clean water to the world, consider joining charity:water’s monthly donation program, The Spring at thespring.com. If you sign up, forward your receipt to email@example.com and I will send you a free, personalized, and autographed copy of my forthcoming book Think Like a Rocket Scientist.
In this episode Scott and I discuss:
- How Scott transformed himself from hard-partying nightclub promoter with substance abuse problems to a global humanitarian organization founder
- How Scott’s first humanitarian mission in war-torn Liberia inspired the creation of charity: water
- Why being a philanthropic outsider was an advantage for Scott when he started charity: water
- Scott’s three key elements to great storytelling
- Why Scott celebrated the workers who crashed a million-dollar well drilling rig
- What Scott would say to his younger self who founded charity: water
I’ve been ecstatic about the early reviews. The book was named a “must read” by Susan Cain (NYT Bestselling Author of Quiet), “endlessly fascinating” by Daniel Pink (NYT Bestselling Author of Drive and A Whole New Mind), and “bursting with practical insights” by Adam Grant (NYT Bestselling Author of Originals).
If you pre-order the book, you’ll get digital access to the book to read on your favorite device within seven days of your pre-order. That means you can start reading it months before the book is released to the public.
You’ll also get pre-order bonuses worth at least 10 times the cost of the book. You can check out the bonuses at rocketsciencebook.com.
I’m personally donating my royalties from the pre-order sales of the book (up to $10,000) to charity: water. Every 10 pre-orders will bring clean water to 1 person in need.