Manage episode 228520025 series 1705836
- Carb rotating is working in high and low carb days each week
- Best of both worlds!
- Higher carb days: 1. Benefit from anabolic environment from carbs 2. Preserve muscle tissue 3. Support growth
- Lower carb days:
- Maximize fat burning
- Keep insulin levels lower (as opposed to heavy carb intake all the time).
- Joe rotates carbs on days he does more strength based workouts
- Practical benefits is that it’s good for the mind, there's less risk of "last meal mentality."
- Types of carbs Joe likes to rotate in: sweet potato and gluten free oatmeal
- Joe's detox shake*
- Joe's "post vacation cleanse protocol"
- *"Detoxing" in this context is more to give internal organs a break and flush system. This is not a proven detox of cleanse.
- Related Links 1. Kodiak Cakes https://kodiakcakes.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwpX18pjp4AIVwkOGCh1ZLQm8EAAYASAAEgIMGvD_BwE