Manage episode 235767176 series 1705836
- Set goals to determine what path to head down, but celebrate the direction you're heading vs. actual progress towards your goal
- Macro nutrients give you energy and they are protein, carbohydrates and fat.
- Counting your macros is a way of eating where you eat a set of each type of nutrients based on your body type and goals
- NOTE, there is NO perfect equation for finding out exactly what to eat and how much. Its each of our responsibilities to try and figure out the best approach that fits our body
- There are three body types: Ectomorph, Mesomorph & Endomorph. Below is a general breakdown of each body type with approximate guidelines. Ultimately its best to listen to your body and see how you feel.
- Ectomorphs typically are thin or petite and have a harder time gaining weight. Typically, they have a higher metabolism and should eat a higher carb, lower fat. A good percentage to start would be 55% carbs, 25% protein and 20% fat.
- Mesomorphs are more athletically built and have an easier time losing fat/gaining muscle when integrating a clean diet & consistent workout routine. Their profile should be more balanced; 40% carbs, 30% protein, 30% fat.
- Endomorphs have a harder time losing weight/fat and are naturally softer/less natural muscle. Their profile should be a higher fat & protein, lower carb 25%, 35% protein, 40% fat.
- You then take the percentages off of your total caloric intake. You can use your BMR from your inbody or the formula below to determine a baseline of how many calories to consume:
- From there, you would break down the amount of calories per macro nutrient
- Lastly, you can divide the total number of grams over the amount of meals you will eat each day or plan ahead for your dinner and or lunch then work backwards through snacks to hit your macros.
- Remember, this is NOT a perfect equation! You'll have to test it out for yourself but this will give you a solid starting point.
- If you'd be interested in taking the guess work out and getting a personalized macros profile, email firstname.lastname@example.org
377 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 57 mins duration .