Manage episode 230912091 series 1705836
- Macro nutrients are protein, fat and carbohydrates
- Protein & Carbs are 4 calories a gram and fat is 9 calories a gram
- Counting macros is a diet/way to eat/nutrition plan in which you have a set percentage of how many calories you eat of each nutrient based on the total amount of calories you should eat.
- Several factors go into choosing your macros and should not be something an app randomly spits out
- You must first identify what your goal is; whether to lose fat or build muscle then from there balance out a bunch of factors such as how fast you metabolize to find your total calorie intake, then multiple by either 125% if your goal is to build muscle or 75% if your goal is to burn fat. From there you need to work with an expert to identity what percent of protein/carbs/fats you should have each day to determine how much you should eat at each meal.
- The percentages range from 30-40% of protein, 30-40% carbs and 20-40% fat.
- From there, you should work with an expert to monitor how you feel and make the necessary adjustments
376 episodes available. A new episode about every 5 days averaging 55 mins duration .