Manage episode 215094616 series 57348
David Burkus (@davidburkus) is a best-selling author. His newest book, Friend of a Friend offers new perspectives and tactics that teaches you how to better network and build key connections. These insights are based on human behaviors, and often are overlooked and misunderstood.
Turns out, the low hanging fruits are the connections you already have, the old friends, which social scientists call them weak ties, or dormant ties.
- [25:00] You practice Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, are you still competing?
- [27:00] Do you feel there’s something special about practicing a martial art, training, group work, and your discipling at work and as a creator?
- [30:00] What triggered you to write about the exchange between communities? What was your experience behind that?
- [35:00] Your books ARE backed by science and studies, unlike all other ‘advice’ books out there that come from personal experiences. What are your thoughts on that?
- [38:00] What are some of the people comments/reviews about your book? Do you check that often?
Visit our website for show notes, tools and resources: www.feisworld.com/blog/david-burkus
214 episodes available. A new episode about every 5 days averaging 32 mins duration .