Manage episode 213131318 series 1789813
Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride is a medical doctor who graduated in Russia, and after practising for five years as a Neurologist and three years as a Neurosurgeon she started a family and moved to the UK, where she got her second postgraduate degree in Human Nutrition. She is well known for developing a concept of GAPS (Gut And Psychology Syndrome), which she described in her book Gut And Psychology Syndrome - Natural Treatment for Autism. If you haven’t heard episode 66, make sure to take a listen to our first interview together all about the GAPS diet.
In today’s episode, we’re talking about Dr. Natasha’s new book Vegetarianism Explained.
My Fertility Awareness Programs are designed to help you to master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles. Gain confidence in charting your cycles, and gain deep insights into the connection between your health, your fertility, and your cycles. Click here for more information!Topics discussed in today's episode:
- What type of scientific research has been done on vegetarian and vegan diets?
- What is the difference between the way the body handles plant and animal foods?
- What is the difference between herbivorous animals and omnivorous animals?
- How is animal protein and fat digested in the body?
- The basic composition of the human body
- Do meat and fat cause cancer and heart disease?
- What is the role of animal foods in the body?
- What is the role of plant foods in the body?
- Is veganism a diet or a form of fasting?
- The moral, political, and ideological reasons for vegan and vegetarian diets
- An alternative to factory farms and animal cruelty
- The devastating environmental impact of big commercial agriculture
- What does commercial agriculture do to the soil?
- The link between diet and strengthening the immune system
- Vegetarianism Explained: Making an Informed Decision
- Vegetarianism Explained | Website
- Savory Institute
- Fertility Awareness 101 FREE Video Series
- Fertility Friday Programs
- Fertility Friday Facebook Group
Related podcasts & blog posts:
- FFP 066 | Gut Health and Fertility | Preconception Nutrition | GAPS Diet | Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride
- Fertility Awareness Episodes | Fertility Friday
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-GanticA Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor: Fertility Friday | Fertility Awareness Programs
This episode is sponsored by my Fertility Awareness Programs! Master Fertility Awareness and take a deep dive into your cycles and how they relate to your overall health! Click here for more information!
232 episodes available. A new episode about every 5 days averaging 61 mins duration .