Manage episode 233940936 series 1789813
Dr. Romm is a midwife, herbalist, and Yale-trained MD, Board Certified in Family Medicine with Obstetrics, who has been bridging the best of traditional medicine with good science for over three decades.
She is considered one of the world's leaders in botanical medicine and is the author of 7 books on natural medicine, including the textbook Botanical Medicine for Women’s Health (Elsevier) and The Adrenal Thyroid Revolution (Harper One).
And in today’s episode we dive into thyroid and adrenal health, and how it can impact fertility and the menstrual cycle.
Today’s episode is sponsored by The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility. The Fifth Vital Sign is available for purchase on Amazon. Exciting news!! The audiobookis finally here! Listen to The Fifth Vital Signfor FREE when you sign up for a 30 day free trial with Audible. Click here to download now.Topics discussed in today's episode:
- How Dr. Romm’s scientific curiosity at a young age led her to her career path
- The lack of in-depth women’s health studies in traditional medical school
- How to choose the right practitioner
- The function of the adrenals vs. thyroid
- What factors keep the stress response system chronically activated
- How insulin resistance is a main cause of PCOS
- Signs your adrenals may be in overdrive
- The 3 key things to reset your adrenals
- The importance of keeping your blood sugar balanced
- How getting enough sleep benefits your body and stress system
- How cortisol impacts thyroid function
- Does the pill affect thyroid function?
- How problems with your adrenals or thyroid affect fertility
- How to handle hypothyroidism when pregnant
- Natural MD Radio
- Natural MD Radio: The Pregnant Mom’s Guide to Thyroid Health
- Natural MD Radio: Hypothyroidism – Have You Been Dismissed or Misunderstood?
- Dr. Aviva Romm | Website
- The 28 Day Gut Reset Challenge
- The 10 Day Adrenal Reset
- Herbal Medicine for Women Course
- Women's Functional & Integrative Medicine Professional Training Program
- The Adrenal Thyroid Revolution(Harper One)
- Botanical Medicine for Women’s Health(Elsevier)
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize your Fertility| Audiobook | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book)| Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Get The First chapter of The Fifth Vital Sign for FREE | thefifthvitalsignbook.com
- [On-Air Client Session] FFP 234 | Thyroid Health and Your Charts | Lisa & Taq
- FFP 164 | Thyroid Health and Fertility | Erika Enos
- FFP 124 | Thyroid Health & Fertility, Why the TSH Test Isn’t Enough | Iodine & Thyroid Function | Wilson’s Temperature Syndrome | Dr. David Brownstein, MD | Dr. Denis Wilson, MD
- FFP 116 | Stop The Thyroid Madness | Going Beyond Synthroid & Getting to the Root Cause of Thyroid Disorders | Why the TSH Test Isn’t Enough | What to do when your Doctor Won’t Cooperate | Janie Bowthorpe, M. Ed.
- FFP 111 | 8 Steps to Reverse Your PCOS | Inflammation, Gut Health, Thyroid Disorders & PCOS | Infertility | Autoimmunity | Dr. Fiona McCulloch, ND
- FFP 084 | Adrenal Fatigue, Fertility & Hormone Balance | The Kalish Method | Dr. Daniel Kalish
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-GanticA Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor: The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility
This episode is sponsored by my new book The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility. Click here to buy now.Fertility Friday | Fertility Awareness Programs