Manage episode 245807330 series 1789813
Dr. Riley is a Physician specializing in obstetrics and palliative medicine. He practices midwifery, minimal-intervention-style obstetrics with an emphasis on supporting the physiology of pregnancy and birth as well as female intuition while empowering women to embrace birth rather than fear it. He was Born in Pittsburgh. Trained in Philadelphia, San Diego and Los Angeles, currently practicing in Louisville, KY. Also a climber and somewhat obsessed w eco-conservation.
In today’s episode Dr. Riley takes us through his experience of medical school and residency to give us a deeper insight into why doctors often have the opinions and practices they do when it comes to women’s health.
Today’s episode is sponsored by the Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook. The first fully customizable paper charting workbook of its kind, available in both Fahrenheit and Celsius editions. Click here to grab your copy today!
Today’s episode is sponsored by The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility. The Fifth Vital Sign is available for purchase on Amazon. Exciting news!! The audiobook is finally here! Listen to The Fifth Vital Sign for FREE when you sign up for a 30 day free trial with Audible. Click here to download now.
Topics discussed in today's episode:
- What brought Dr. Riley into medicine and specifically into women’s issues
- How it made Dr. Riley feel when he came up with struggles on he and his wife’s journey to conceive
- Who influenced Dr. Riley’s way of practice in his career
- Problems in the curriculum physicians-in-training come across
- Why doctors should be encouraged to admit when they don’t know an answer, ask questions or even just sit and listen to the patient
- How it is unrealistic for the patient to expect their doctor to have all the answers and diagnosis after a short consultation
- The harsh structure and lifestyle of the medical training process
- The importance of health care professionals to still take the time to care for themselves so they can better serve their patients
- The importance of being respectful of your doctor’s expertise and training
- Why it is important for patients and doctors to be a little more generous with one another
- Dr. Nathan Riley | Website
- Obgyno Wino Podcast
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Charting Workbook
- Fertility Awareness Mastery Online Self-Study Program
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize your Fertility | Audiobook | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility (Book) | Lisa Hendrickson-Jack
- Get The First chapter of The Fifth Vital Sign for FREE | thefifthvitalsignbook.com
- FFP 143 | Choosing the Right Practitioner | How To Find A Functional Practitioner Who Will Really Help You | Lisa | Fertility Friday
- FFP 123 | Fertility Awareness Training for Physicians & Health Professionals | What Your Doctor Needs to Know About Fertility Awareness | Dr. Marguerite Duane
- FFP 116 | Stop The Thyroid Madness | Going Beyond Synthroid & Getting to the Root Cause of Thyroid Disorders | Why the TSH Test Isn’t Enough | What to do when your Doctor Won’t Cooperate | Janie Bowthorpe, M. Ed.
- FFP 104 | Birth Control Pills From Your Doctor’s Perspective | Why Your Physician isn’t Looking at the Root Cause | Alternative Medicine for Women | Dr. Miranda Naylor
- 5 Reasons Why Your Doctor Isn’t Helping You Improve Your Menstrual Cycles Naturally
Music Credit: Intro/Outro music Produced by J-GanticA Special Thank You to Our Show Sponsor: The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility
This episode is sponsored by my new book The Fifth Vital Sign: Master Your Cycles & Optimize Your Fertility. Click here to buy now.