Manage episode 203477824 series 1185635
Women often look for signs before making a life-changing move in their businesses or careers. One of the signs that we look for is the permission or approval from the people around them. While there are many reasons for delaying that big leap, refusing to take action while waiting for the approval or permission of others has led several highly ambitious women to suffer significantly -- wasting their time and effort when they could have been spending it on something that would help them thrive in their career.
Today, I am discussing how if you say you are ready for the next big leap in your career - then you are ready. I’ll also share the phenomenon that many women succumb to by believing the lie that they are not ready yet as well as the four signs to look for to identify if you are set to make that much-awaited change in your professional life.
“Don’t wait for your suffering to become greater than your fear. Do it anyway. Feel the fear and do it anyway.”
Today on the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast:
- The problem that prevents you from taking things on
- Possible causes of the fear to accept new challenges
- The circumstances that push women to make an overdue change
- What the “loathing scale” is and how to use it to assess if it’s time to make a change
Signs That You Are Ready to Make the Leap:
- You are experiencing a level of frustration that just won’t quit.
- You are five or above on the loathing scale, and you’ve been there too long.
- You are dreading work and have low energy when you’re there.
- You feel smarter and more capable than the people around you.
- Episode 259: Why Your Fear of Overwork is Killing Your Ambition
- Escape from Cubicle Nation Book by Pamela Slim
- Body of Work Book by Pamela Slim
Fierce Leadership Quotes:
- ”One of the ways that we allow our fear to get the best of us is by looking for external signs of approval.”
- “If you are waiting for permission to unlock your potential for success, you’re going to be waiting a long time because that permission has to start with you.”
- “Stop outsourcing permission to take the leap. That permission has got to start with you.”
Dial Up Your Impact, Influence, and Income in 2018
Are you ready to take your leadership and influence to the next level in 2018? Join the Impact & Influence Leadership Lab for Women with Eleanor Beaton – the world’s premier leadership training and implementation program designed specifically for female leaders! This is a 8-week mentoring program for professional, ambitious women in business who are ready to take their leadership skills to the next level and truly step into their power. Visit the Leadership Lab for Women website to see all of the amazing content, tools, and services you will receive by registering today to claim your seat at the table!
Love the show? Let us know!
Are you a fan of the Fierce Feminine Leadership Podcast? If the tips and interviews we share in each episode have helped you gain the confidence and inspiration to become a better, more powerful leader, head on over to iTunes, subscribe to the show and leave your honest review to let us know! Each month, one lucky podcast reviewer will be selected to receive a free coaching session with me – Eleanor Beaton!
What are you waiting for? Head on over to iTunes, subscribe and leave a review to enter your name into this month’s drawing!
And, if you really want to ramp up your fierceness…
Reach out to us for a free 30-minute Bold Women in Business Makeover Session with me or one of the fabulous coaches on my team!
Explore your path and discover how you can be the fiercest lady-boss possible. Visit EleanorBeaton.com/discover.
320 episodes available. A new episode about every 3 days averaging 17 mins duration .