Manage episode 205400157 series 30336
My good friend Marla Taner joined me on the Financial Independence Podcast to go deep into some early-retirement topics that aren’t often discussed.
Marla and I met in 2014 at Camp Mustache and we’ve had a lot of fun (and sometimes heavy) conversations over the years so I thought it’d be great to record one for the podcast!
- How to deal with a sudden early retirement
- Rethinking travel after leaving work
- Finding happiness from within
- Dealing with losing career identity and external validation
- How to care less about “success”
- The effort of happiness
- Focusing on progress rather than the end goal
- Doing the work to figure yourself out
- Justifying the decision to retire early
56 episodes available. A new episode about every 42 days averaging 47 mins duration .