Manage episode 173319258 series 30336
Later this year, at the ages of 38 and 41, the couple behind OurNextLife.com will be quitting the stressful, time-consuming jobs that they’ve held for most of their adult lives and will be retiring to a life in the mountains.
This is particularly interesting to me because one of my dreams is to live on the side of the mountain and get a part-time ski patrol job. Because really, what could be better than waking up early after a big snowfall, grabbing a cup of coffee with your buddies, then strapping on your skis and heading up the mountain to throw bombs and trigger avalanches?
Join me for a Financial Independence Podcast interview with Ms. ONL to hear all about this exciting transition to the mountains and to find out what their next life has in store for them!
- What to do if you’re not naturally frugal
- Why you should gradually trim your expenses if your spending is high
- The risk of losing your identity when leaving a long-term, time-consuming job
- Finding meaning after early retirement
- Using your money to help out your family
- What it’s like living in a ski town
- The additional costs of mountain life
- How to transition from the big city to the mountains
- Preparing for the two phases of early retirement
55 episodes available. A new episode about every 42 days averaging 47 mins duration .