Manage episode 182961836 series 30336
On today’s episode of the Financial Independence Podcast, Jeff from The Happy Philosopher joins me to discuss the unique challenges that doctors and other professionals face on the journey to early retirement.
When you invest so much time, money, and energy into your career, it’s no wonder that walking away from your job is much more difficult.
We discuss alternatives to early retirement, which provide a lot of the same benefits but limit the downsides, and we also dive into ways you can increase your happiness during your journey to FI!
- The unique problems that doctors face when pursuing financial independence
- How you can separate your identity from your job
- Why you should focus on happiness instead of FI
- The benefits of the best drug in the world
- Why you should stop watching news (and stop worrying about things you can’t control)
- What is a ‘job share’ and why it’s a great alternative to early retirement
56 episodes available. A new episode about every 43 days averaging 47 mins duration .