Manage episode 161806958 series 30336
Today on the Financial Independence Podcast, Doug Nordman (a.k.a. Nords) from The Military Guide joins me to talk about how he achieved financial independence at the age of 41 by serving in the military!
Doug retired way back in 2002 so we dive into how he dealt with the market crashes that occurred at various stages on his path to financial independence, what 14 years of retirement has been like, and how he’s found meaning outside of work.
I know many of you enjoyed Doug’s wisdom and insights on the previous episode so check out today’s episode for his full story!
- Thoughts on over 14 years of early retirement
- Details of his investing strategy and how it’s changed over the years
- Mistakes he made and lessons learned
- How to deal with market crashes when you’re still working, about to retire, and already retired
- What it’s like to live and work on a submarine
- Difference between pursuing FI as a military service member vs. a civilian
- What angel investing can teach you about investing and why it may be the best way to give away your money
57 episodes available. A new episode about every 43 days averaging 50 mins duration .