Manage episode 179248397 series 30336
On today’s episode of the Financial Independence Podcast, I had the pleasure of speaking with Steve from ThinkSaveRetire.com!
Steve initially planned to retire at the age of 40 but after making some drastic lifestyle changes, he ended up walking away from his job at 35.
One of the biggest factors that reduced his time to FI was his and his wife’s decision to sell nearly everything they owned and move into an Airstream.
If you have dreams of spending your early retirement traveling around North America in an RV, this episode is for you!
We dive into the costs of RV life, the benefits of drastic downsizing, and Steve’s advice for anyone who wants to hit the road after retirement!
- How to shed the golden handcuffs
- The problem with promotions and the joy of stepping off the ladder
- The costs of living in an RV full-time
- Using a health share ministry for health insurance and going to Mexico for dental work
- Why you should start with a smaller RV than you think you need
57 episodes available. A new episode about every 43 days averaging 50 mins duration .