Manage episode 218625996 series 1047822
Up to 80 percent of jobs are never posted online. So how are these positions filled? Through networking. Networking is essential to landing a fulfilling job you love, but most people feel icky doing it. Today’s Find Your Dream Job guest, Halelly Azulay (https://www.linkedin.com/in/talentgrow), shares what good networking looks like and how it can help you find your next role. Halelly says that networking is all about authenticity and service to others. Giving without thinking of receiving will build a strong community upon mutual respect, and those relationships will help you land your dream job.
About our guest: Halelly Azulay
Halelly is CEO at TalentGrow (https://www.talentgrow.com), a consulting company that develops leaders and teams. She’s an expert in leadership, communication skills, emotional intelligence, and authentic networking. In her weekly podcast, Talent Grow Show, Halelly shares practical, tactical tips on how to overcome the ick factor in networking and find your next job as a result.
Resources in this Episode:
- Learn more about Halelly’s work improving leadership and teams by visiting www.TalentGrow.com.
- Halelly has written two books: “Employee Development on a Shoestring” and “Strength to Strength: How Working From Your Strengths Can Help You Lead a More Fulfilling Life” for leaders wanting to strengthen their teams.
- Listen to Halelly’s weekly podcast, Talent Grow Show (https://www.talentgrow.com), for tips on networking and authentic relationship building.
- Halelly has a special offer just for listeners of the Find Your Dream Job podcast. Go to talentgrow.com/dreamjob for a free guide on Ten Ways to Become a More Engaging Communicator.
- Halelly encourages Find Your Dream Job listeners to learn how to build your network in just five minutes a day from the most networked man in Silicon Valley, Adam Rifkin. Read Adam's best tips in this Forbes article from 2013: https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelsimmons/2013/08/22/how-the-worlds-top-relationship-builder-makes-introductions/#54186d7a38fd.
- Your presence online is critical in order for employers to find you. Learn how to use your social media to leave a good impression with my free online course. Go to maclist.org/wow.
258 episodes available. A new episode about every 5 days averaging 28 mins duration .