Manage episode 213565080 series 1047822
If you’re looking for a new job opportunity, you may be weighing out the possibility of taking an internship. But you shouldn’t underestimate the value of internships. Internships can unlock new opportunities, forge new relationships, and create lifelong connections. Find out how to stand out as an intern and stay connected after your internship ends with insights from career expert Kirk Baumann.About Our Guest: Kirk Baumann
Kirk Baumann is an experienced talent acquisition leader, connecting people to their purpose. As a career and leadership expert recognized globally, Kirk has helped launch thousands of careers for young leaders and thrives on building lasting relationships. Named one of the 100 Most Social HR Experts on Twitter by The Huffington Post, Kirk is the founder and author of the award-winning career advice blog, Campus to Career. Kirks advice has been featured in Business News Daily, Mashable, and US News & World Report.Resources in this Episode:
- New tool: “The Pay Gap Is Way Too Entrenched To Be Solved By Women Alone” (https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-pay-gap-is-way-too-entrenched-to-be-solved-by-women-alone/) from Fivethirtyeight.
- Listener question: Colleen Smyth from Gresham, Oregon asks: “I know it's important to ask the hiring manager good questions in an interview. How many questions do you think is appropriate? In my last interview, I felt like I was asking too many questions and the interviewer was getting annoyed.”
- More from our guest:
- Get Kirk’s advice on Acing the 400 Hour Interview (https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/acing-400hr-interview-kirk-baumann/)
- Read 4 Little Ways to Stand Out as Intern (https://campus-to-career.com/2017/07/25/4-little-ways-to-stand-out-as-an-intern/) From Campus to Career.
- Visit campus-to-career.com to read Kirk’s latest blog posts.
- Connect with Kirk on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kbaumann/.
258 episodes available. A new episode about every 5 days averaging 28 mins duration .