Manage episode 215831880 series 1047822
It’s a common phrase when you’re looking for a job, “keep your options open.” However, keeping all of your options open and applying everywhere is typically not the best approach. Career coach Caroline Adams reveal why it’s in your best interest to be strategic, intentional, and laser-focused with your job search.About Our Guest: Caroline Adams
Caroline is a career coach, writer, and business owner, helping millennial women design careers with purpose.
Before becoming a coach, Caroline had a 20-year corporate career focused on organizational change. She began as a management consultant at Accenture and ended up as a Director of Anti-Money Laundering at Citibank, making some pretty cool pivots along the way.
What she’s always loved most is helping people define their careers. She’s made it her mission to help people grow, contribute, and ultimately get wherever they want to go.Resources in this Episode:
- New tool: Explore two new tools from LinkedIn that can help you make new connections ? Find Nearby (https://www.linkedin.com/help/linkedin/answer/75689?trk=tos-email-2017?trk=li_corpblog_TOS_Privacy) and QR codes (https://blog.linkedin.com/2018/june/27/turn-your-offline-conversations-into-onine-connections-with-linkedin).
- Listener question: Wayne Cramer, Las Vegas, NV
“Is there any advantage to being one of the first people to apply for a job? When a new job listing pops up on LinkedIn or Craigslist, I sometimes feel the urge to apply as soon as possible. Does getting your application in early make any impact?”
- More from our guest:
- Visit Caroline Adam’s website: https://carolineadamscoaching.com/
- Ask Caroline about any of your job search challenges - https://carolineadamscoaching.com/ask-me-anything
- Additional blog resources:
- 4 Steps to Take Back Your Life and Design a Career With Purpose (https://carolineadamscoaching.com/subscribe)
- The Right Way to Plan Your Career: A Roadmap: https://carolineadamscoaching.com/blog/the-right-way-to-plan-your-career-a-roadmap-for-millennial-women
- The Golden Rule of Career Change and Advancement (https://carolineadamscoaching.com/blog/millennial-women-golden-rule-career-change-advancement)
- Exponentially Increase Your Career Options With This Simple Improv Trick (https://carolineadamscoaching.com/blog/millennial-women-yes-and-career-options)
258 episodes available. A new episode about every 5 days averaging 28 mins duration .