Manage episode 218108681 series 2394626
As a job seeker, what is the first thing you do when looking for your next job or career move? Do you get online, find jobs you might be interested in, and then go through the online application process? If so, you might be shocked to learn that you have a better chance of getting into Harvard than you do of finding a job you love through an online system. On this episode of the Find Your Dream Job podcast, career expert Austin Belcak tells you how to get around the online application system, how to build relationships with people on the inside, and how to find your own personal champion within a company.
About Our Guest: Austin Belcak
Austin Belcak (https://www.linkedin.com/in/abelcak/) is the founder of Cultivated Culture (https://cultivatedculture.com/) and is an expert on how to find jobs in unconventional ways. He shares highly effective strategies for landing amazing jobs without traditional experience, without connections, and without applying online.
Resources in this Episode:
- Austin shares a detailed breakdown of his entire job process as his flagship course. Check out Austin's Dream Job System: https://cultivatedculture.com/macslist/
- Rapid Resume Revamp (https://cultivatedculture.com/?s=rapid+resume+revamp) helps you create a resume that will help you build a relationship with the employer and beat applicant tracking systems.
- Get in touch with anyone with Hunter (https://hunter.io/): the easiest way to find someone's corporate email address.
- Austin has provided several free courses for Find Your Dream Job listeners. Visit https://cultivatedculture.com/macslist/.
- Need help getting clear about your goals? Check out Finding Focus in Your Job Search, a free resource from Mac’s List. Download it at maclist.org/focus.
251 episodes available. A new episode about every 5 days averaging 29 mins duration .