Manage episode 220076971 series 2394626
It is critical to make a great first impression when job hunting. As soon as you walk in the door, you are being judged on your looks, speech, and behavior. However, being on your best behavior is only one aspect of making a great first impression. You also have to be aware of anything that may come up in a Google search of your name. Our guest this week on the Find Your Dream Job podcast, Merryn Roberts-Huntley, says that you need to pay attention to how others see you online. She also shares tips on body language, clothing, grooming, and the one place that all headhunters and hiring managers visit when checking out candidates online.
About Our Guest:
Merryn Roberts-Huntley (https://www.linkedin.com/in/merryn-roberts-huntley/) knows how to help you land your dream career. With 17 years of business experience and 10 years of career coaching, many companies and young professionals call Merryn their secret weapon. Merryn founded Made To Hire (https://www.madetohire.com/) to help people reach their career goals faster. Her first book, Made to Hire; Market Yourself for the Career You Want, will be out in late 2018.
Resources in this Episode:
- For tips on how to create and manage your brand, make fantastic first impressions, succeed in interviews and negotiate offers, look for Merryn’s brand new book, Made to Hire; Market Yourself for the Career You Want, releasing in Fall 2018. Visit https://www.madetohire.com/the-book/ to learn more and reserve your copy.
- Visit Merryn’s website, Made To Hire (https://www.madetohire.com), to sign up for her email list and while you’re there, check out all the valuable resources she has for job seekers.
- Merryn's top 10 list for making a good first impression:
- Clothing and accessories.
- Grooming and makeup.
- Eye contact.
- Being present.
- Being on time.
- Nail every behavioral interview question in your next interview by learning how to prepare for them. Download 100 Behavioral Interview Questions You Need to Know, the free Mac’s List resource that will give you a solid foundation for any question an interviewer may ask. Visit macslist.org/questions.
- We want to hear from you! Please share your feedback about our show in a short listener survey and you’ll be entered to win a $50 Amazon gift card. Visit macslist.org/findyourdreamjobsurvey and complete by November 20, 2018.
263 episodes available. A new episode about every 5 days averaging 28 mins duration .