Manage episode 217160290 series 2445972
“You just really never know where it's going to take you but it will take you nowhere if you don't at least take one step and spirit are some.” -Brian Burke
Brian Burke left his full-time job as a First Responder just to find his way around the real estate business and was able to build his $150 Million Multi-family Portfolio.In this podcasts he will share the ups and downs of his business career and some high-valued trade secrets to survive in this competitive industry.
Here’s what was covered:
- 00:52: Brian Burke realized that his full-time position as a law enforcer was getting in the way of his business.
- 10:14: There's no book that teaches you how to get the crank and that will teach you the exact steps to take in any kind of business.
- 20:31: “I was using the funds that I could get from the equity line of credit coupled with hard money from a private money lender so the private money lender basically put up seventy percent of the value of the after repaired with a home so I would just have to put which was right around you know one hundred percent of the purchase price”
- 29:56: How Brian Burke saw business opportunities in buying foreclosed properties.
- 34:00: Some advices where to buy properties or which markets to utilize.
- 38:12: Don't look at real estate as an either or you know I'm a cop or either I'm a fireman, either I'm an E.M.T, You know a soldier or whatever that might be that you're doing. Don't think of it as you have to either do that, because in real estate you can do both
- 39:48: “I literally start out with I'm going to buy a house a year and it evolves from there so you just really never know where it's going to take you but it will take you nowhere if you don't at least take one step and spirit are some.”
Join the Network!
21 episodes available. A new episode about every 11 days averaging 36 mins duration .