Manage episode 229960801 series 2451112
This week’s episode is a solo one and it’s Part 2 of my series, ‘12 Rules for Facilitation’. Two episodes ago, in Episode 57 I shared the first four rules. I was inspired by Dr Jordan Peterson’s book, 12 Rules for Life, and thought I could share my thoughts, on rules or a framework that has helped me, and can hopefully help you as First Time Facilitators.
If you haven’t listened to that episode, no worries. You can listen to each of the 12 Rules series as stand-alone episodes. Each three-part episode has four rules.
The first four rules were:
- Rule #1: Stand up straight with your shoulders back
- Rule #2: Iron your shirt the night before
- Rule #3: Give yourself a fake deadline (and convince yourself it’s real).
- Rule #4: Finish at 5pm means out the door at 4.55pm
I’d be really keen to hear what rules you’d invent if given a chance. What are some things you really stick to, that are non-negotiable? Send me a rule you like to stick by when you facilitate, you can instagram me @leannehughes. I am a huuuge fan of Instagram and I love when listeners post their screenshots of the listening into the podcast and tag me. It makes my day!
As always, if you’d like to keep the conversation going when the episode’s over, you can head on over to the free Facebook group called ‘The Flipchart’ and share facilitation stories, tips, tools and what you’re up to! You can also sign up to the monthly newsletter called ‘The Flipchart, be great to see you on the list there!
Like this show?
- Please leave me a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so I can thank you personally.
- Click here to let Leanne know your number one takeaway from this episode!
62 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 34 mins duration .