Manage episode 192127921 series 1438314
Special Thanks for This Episode:
Scripture taken from The Holy Bible, New International Version®. Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.
Quote from David Hackworth from https://www.strategypage.com/humor/articles/militarycommonsense.asp
Music used under Creative Commons. Something Elated by Broke For Free. http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Broke_For_Free/Something_EP/Broke_For_Free_-_Something_EP_-_05_Something_Elated
This Episode Show Notes
No Fair Fights
“If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn’t plan your mission properly.” – Colonel David Hackworth.
You need to know your objective and how you are going to get there. Then you chose your tactics. Two paths to discuss today:
- Primarily use questions to lead the person to making a change
- You mentioned you did not get to be there for your son last Christmas, what was the reason for that?
- What could you change now, so you could be at Christmas next year?
- Bold statement from you forces the other person to face hard situation. Hoping to inspire change.
- Lots of other people may have wronged you, but you are also addicted to drugs. You can’t be a good dad while you are on meth. You have to decide if you are going to be a dad or a drug addict.
How do you decide which road to take (HINT not most comfortable for you)
- Your authority (particularly, is the Holy Spirit using you to convict?)
- What the other person will respond to
- Your desired outcome for that person and others affected
84 episodes available. A new episode about every 2 days .