Manage episode 214495756 series 2415370
Marketing and advertising play critical roles in the success and longevity of your real estate business. There are many options and strategies you can use to begin promoting your business, finding leads, and acquire new deals to get your business started on the right track. However, this often leads many new real estate investors, flippers, and wholesalers to use the “shotgun marketing” approach - which can eventually lead to failure.
On today’s episode, Don and Ryan discuss why new real estate investors should focus on one marketing strategy at a time instead of taking a shotgun approach. They share some of the most common marketing strategies used throughout the industry as well as several that industry leaders often overlook. They also discuss the importance of maximizing your time and money when considering which marketing channel to use in your business and various strategies they used when they were just getting started.
“When you have a smaller marketing budget and you spread it among several things, you’re really just throwing your money away.” - Don Costa
This Week on FlipTalk’s Rookie Play Book:
- Free and low-cost marketing techniques.
- The importance of blocking time in your schedule to devote to marketing.
- How attending and speaking at networking events can help you grow your business.
- Investing in Pay-Per-Click advertising.
- Using direct cold calls to find new deals.
- Incorporating direct mail marketing
- Advertising your business in newspapers, tv, and radio.
- How to be successful with cold call marketing, direct mail marketing, and Pay-Per-Click marketing strategies.
- Lessons we have learned regarding Pay-Per-Click advertising.
- Creating marketing materials that help you stand out.
- Evaluating your cost-per-buy metrics.
- Why new real estate investors should focus on one paid marketing channel at a time.
- How being consistent impacts your marketing strategy’s success.
- Why you should test your direct mailing lists.
- Identifying what marketing strategies work, what doesn’t, and doubling down on what does.
- How to build your list organically.
- Marketing strategies we used as new investors.
- Start with one marketing channel at a time.
- Learn what works - and what doesn’t. Double down on what works.
- As you master one marketing channel, you can slowly begin adding other avenues to your strategy.
- You don’t have to have a big budget to get started, but you have to be committed.
Rate, Review, Learn and Share
Thanks for tuning into the FlipTalk podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and want to learn even more about what it takes to build a 7-figure real estate business, head over to iTunes and subscribe to the show. Don’t forget to tune into our other shows: FlipTalk’s Rookie Play Book and FlipTalk’s REI Round Table. Share your favorite episodes on social media to help other new investors learn what it takes to grow a successful business in the real estate investing industry.
49 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 29 mins duration .