Manage episode 214495773 series 2415370
Welcome back to FlipTalk’s Rookie Play Book podcast. In our last episode, we went over what new investors should focus on during their first week as a real estate investor and discussed the topics of wholesaling, common mistakes new investors make, the importance of knowing how to use the MLS, and why networking is critical.
On this week’s episode, Don and Ryan discuss the importance of setting goals on paper, how you can work on and behind the MLS, and why knowing your market should be considered a top priority above all. They also explain what real networking is, what it takes to build a good networking relationship, and why it’s not just handing out business cards to everyone you meet.
“You have to network with intention. You have to do everything with intention.” – Ryan Scialabba
This Week on FlipTalk’s Rookie Play Book:
- How should you plan for your marketing?
- What true networking looks like.
- How to make yourself stand out when handing out business cards.
- Why being new doesn't mean you don't have anything to bring to the table.
- The importance of finding out about your market through conversation.
- Can you have too much information when you're starting out?
- How important are the numbers in your second week of business?
- Why it's tough to determine the value of certain neighborhoods.
- Why you shouldn't be spending money right now.
- Set your goals now so you start becoming purposeful in your real estate journey.
- Networking means building relationships.
- Go into a deal with confidence.
- You may run into some negativity during the first couple of weeks, especially when you're out there finding the realities of the markets.
- There's no better people to do business with than those you've been doing business with for a long time.
Rate, Review, Learn and Share
Thanks for tuning into the FlipTalk podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and want to learn even more about what it takes to build a 7-figure real estate business, head over to iTunes and subscribe to the show. Don’t forget to tune into our other shows: FlipTalk’s Rookie Play Book and FlipTalk’s REI Round Table. Share your favorite episodes on social media to help other new investors learn what it takes to grow a successful business in the real estate investing industry.
49 episodes available. A new episode about every 5 days averaging 29 mins duration .