Manage episode 214495766 series 2415370
There are three types of rookie investors: the one too scared to make an offer, the one who thinks they screwed up, and the one who feels like they rocked it. Regardless of what category you fall under, you all go through the same methods and strategies in structuring an offer. The only difference between successful and failed offers are the execution and the details, and this is a pretty steep mountain to climb.
Today, Don and Ryan discuss the do’s and don’ts of structuring offers. They explain the importance of understanding the seller, why rapport is critical, and why you should never give any number over the phone. They share their mistakes and how they managed to learn from them as well as how they used those mistakes to lead their team.
“Making no offers is wasting time because you'd never know what someone's gonna take.” – Ryan Scialabba
This Week on FlipTalk’s Rookie Play Book:
- How to structure the offer.
- Why getting a number is critical before giving an offer.
- The questions you should ask to get a number from the seller.
- What not to do when making offers.
- The importance of establishing rapport.
- Why it's okay to sometimes lose deals.
- Be the most likeable person, build the most rapport, and explain the terms better than anybody else.
- At the end of the day, the number is the number. You have to be willing to walk away with what you’ve got.
- If they don't give you a number, they're not ready to sell yet.
- The Like Switch book by Jack Schafer
Connect with Don and Ryan
- Don’s email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ryan’s email: email@example.com
Rate, Review, Learn and Share
Thanks for tuning into the FlipTalk podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and want to learn even more about what it takes to build a 7-figure real estate business, head over to iTunes and subscribe to the show. Don’t forget to tune into our other shows: FlipTalk’s Rookie Play Book and FlipTalk’s REI Round Table. Share your favorite episodes on social media to help other new investors learn what it takes to grow a successful business in the real estate investing industry.
49 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 29 mins duration .