Manage episode 278463473 series 2764823
We have a very different episode today. As you know, I am always making sure to expose myself to different perspectives. Today, I have a conversation and (mostly civil and friendly lol) debate with my friend Ketan Anjaria on cancel culture, politics, race, workplace diversity, and much more.
Ketan Anjaria is the Founder and CEO of HireClub, that he started as a Facebook group with his 25 friends as a way to hire great people. It has now grown to an engaging and supportive career community of more than 33,000 members and counting.
He has helped thousands of clients globally with delightful design, beautiful branding, and crisp code for mobile and web applications.
- Intro: Arman sets the stage and provides background on Ketan, how they met, and the topic of today’s episode. [00:10]
- Arman and Ketan get into an interesting discussion about the presidential election and the differing opinions they have. [04:47]
- Is America great for me? [06:28]
- Fascism. [12:37]
- The danger of cognitive biases. [16:39]
- Should abortion be legal? [18:05]
- Equal opportunity and government welfare. [19:35]
- The information war that’s happening right now. [22:27]
- Freedom of speech and censorship. [24:14]
- Racism and the police. [30:10]
- Solving gun violence. [43:30]
- Finding enemies in political discourse and disagreements. [52:51]
- Can equality feel like oppression? [01:02:43]
- Understanding the differences between people. [01:07:27]
- Prejudice and assumptions. [01:15:57]
- We get taught societally what’s okay and what isn’t. [01:23:10]
- Awareness and the willingness to be aware. [01:25:13]
- Self-care, taking care of your needs and the importance of resiliency in creating lasting success. [01:31:59]
- Inspiring closing thoughts. [01:36:48]
- Learn more about Ketan Anjaria
- Mention of HireClub
- Mention of Cancel Culture
- Mention of George Floyd
- Mention of Sam Harris
- Mention of The Democracy Index
For complete show notes and links to all resources mentioned head to:
If you enjoy the show please subscribe and leave a short 17-second review on Apple Podcasts here. It means a lot to me and really supports the podcast.
Text me directly at: 619-825-2595
Follow and chat with me on: