Manage episode 217069332 series 62727
Scott Belsky, Behance founder, investor, and author of the new book The Messy Middle, is a strong believer in putting in the hard work and then finishing strong. His nine-figure exit from Behance is a testament to this tenacity and determination.
Behance came with its own set of challenges, but Belsky learned over the years that when it seems like things are falling apart, it could mean victory is right around the corner. Your near-meltdown might just be your “messy middle," and sometimes being successful simply means sticking together as a team long enough to figure it out. A labor of love will often work out in the end, even if it's not how you expect.
In this thought-provoking interview, Belsky shares his own “messy middle" from his time with Behance, and some of his best wisdom on product-market fit, perseverance, and startup culture. We were thrilled to get the chance to talk to Scott. There’s a ton of gold in this interview, so don’t miss it!Key Takeaways
- Two guiding principles on whether to stick it out or shut it down
- Why Belsky is wary of the MVP craze, and how to balance perfectionism with action
- Three tips for finding true product-market fit
- How to create a startup culture that attracts and retains the right people
- Why Belsky started Behance and what inspired his progress
251 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 45 mins duration .