221: Zero to $9 Million in 4 years: How Chris Peters & Rob Ward Built Quad Lock From a Kickstarter Campaign
Manage episode 219127659 series 62727
Welcome to our newest podcast format, video interviews! You can expect more of this format in the coming months. Subscribe to our YouTube channel here to be notified when we publish new videos.
Today I had the pleasure of sitting down with the co-founders of Quad Lock, a mounting device to securely attach your smartphone to your bike, car, motorcycle, arm or in any situation where you need a hands-free moment. These guys are killing it with $9 million in yearly earnings in only four years!
This was a phenomenal interview, as Peters and Ward gave us 45 minutes of pure gold on how they built a strong brand reputation and high-quality product, how they manufacture their products in China, how they got started as a simple Kickstarter project, and so much more.
They also discuss brand longevity, how to become trendsetters, and how they overcame their biggest scaling challenges. If you want to learn how to build a long-lasting brand and scale your physical-products business, this is an interview you don’t want to miss!Key Takeaways
- What you need to build a physical-products brand with a strong reputation
- Why Kickstarter is a good way to introduce your brand to the market, as long as you do it right
- How to get started and maintain manufacturing out of China
- Quad Lock's biggest challenges around scaling, and how they have overcome them
- Quad Lock’s philosophy on hiring A-players
250 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 45 mins duration .