Manage episode 302427041 series 62727
After going bankrupt and losing his business, Aaron Marino launched a men’s lifestyle YouTube channel in 2008. Now he has over 6 million subscribers and is building his channel through sponsorships and ecommerce.
Aaron is obsessed with optimizing his videos for YouTube and continues to test and tune to grow his audience. Now he’s ready to share what he’s learned.
Aaron joined Foundr CEO Nathan Chan to talk about:
- Why thumbnails are the most important part of a YouTube video
- Why giving value up front keeps people watching
- Why click-through-rate and watch time are the most important metrics for creators
- Why being a YouTube creator is like playing golf
- The worst mistake a creator can make
- How Aaron became a more authentic version of himself on camera
- And much more...
Who do you want to see next on the podcast? Comment and let us know! And don't forget to leave us a 5-star review if you loved this episode.
Wait, there's more… If you enjoy the Foundr podcast, check out our free trainings. Get exclusive, actionable advice from some of the world's best entrepreneurs.
For more Foundr content, follow us on your favorite platform: