Manage episode 298052082 series 2793694
Freelance job sites are a great way to get your foot in the door as a freelancer. But are they the best long-term strategy for growing an agency?
On today’s show, we have a coaching call with Ron, who has been freelancing on Fiverr for over 10 years—and he’s done quite well for himself.
Ron gets a ton of new business from Fiverr, but he’s worried about two things: first, it can be difficult to build long-term relationships with clients on Fiverr and second, if there was an algorithm adjustment or some other unforeseen change, Ron’s entire business would disappear.
So he’s ready to start building his own processes in addition to the work he already does on the platform. We start off with some great tips from Ron about succeeding on Fiverr and then guest coach and friend Chelsea Baldwin and I chime in with our best advice for expanding away from marketplaces like Fiverr.
Get your own on-air coaching call
We'd love to feature your business and offer some free on-air advice for growing your business. To see if you're a good fit, click here.
Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts:
If you enjoy the show, can you do us a favor and leave us an honest rating and review on Apple Podcasts? We'll love you forever. Click here to leave a review.
Support our sponsors so we can keep airing new episodes:
- GoodLife Clothing — Essentials for Modern Living. Offering ultra-premium essentials to ensure you always look your best even when you're at your most comfortable.
- Blinkist — Acquire knowledge from top non-fiction and podcasts, so you can learn anytime, anywhere.
- LinkedIn Jobs — Find the right person with LinkedIn Jobs.
- BetterHelp - Affordable, private online counseling with BetterHelp
- Netsuite - #1 Cloud ERP Software
- Sesame - Most affordable telemedicine in America. $10 off your 1st with promo code FREELANCER
- Dripify — Premium learning platform for entrepreneurs.
- SolidGigs — Get more freelance jobs.
Mentioned in this episode:
- Our interview with freelancer coach Matt Essam: Do Clients Treat You Like an Expert? or Employee?
- My video call with Rob Allen on pitching clients (for paying members of SolidGigs.com only).
More Recommended Listening:
This show is a part of the Podglomerate, a company that produces, distributes, and monetizes podcasts. We encourage you to visit the website and sign up for our newsletter.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices