Manage episode 201157566 series 2080437
Diann has had a very interesting journey. She's had three different careers. Her work specifically serves entrepreneurs with ADHD, she did her master's thesis on ADHD, and yet, she didn't recognized as her being an ADHD until she was well into her 50s. Let's all get to know Diann and together, discover her unique brain wiring, her strategies, and the challenges she's had and overcame.About Diann Wingert
Diann is a confidence coach for entrepreneurs who identify with ADHD/ADD traits such as distractibility, impulsivity and difficulty staying motivated. She is passionate about coaching gifted entrepreneurs who are ready to breakthrough their perceived limits and reach their full potential. Diann teaches her clients how to eliminate stress, worry and self doubt through radical self acceptance. She is a certified coach, former psychotherapist, practicing Buddhist and proud owner/operator of an ADHD brain.
Diann’s Top 5 StrengthsFinder Strengths
- Your growth and your awareness should be as a result of uncovering your struggles on the entrepreneurial path.
- Recognize your non-strengths and engage people or processes.
- It’s okay to ask for help. You don’t have to do it all on your own.
- Tap, focus, and optimize your strengths to reach your potential and really recognize what you’re here for.
- If it doesn’t align with the legacy you’re trying to leave, then you have to filter that through.
- [03:12] Diann lets us in on her interesting journey into self-awareness and understanding ADHD.
People were satisfied with the status quo, I was always looking on the horizon for what’s new.
- [04:45] Alissa discusses with Diann her thoughts on ADHD and autism spectrum.
- [07:29] Diann addresses Alissa’s important questions.
- [13:28] Getting to know what’s really important about knowing your strengths.
Peel away the judgement and we’ll realize the areas where we are insanely good.
- [16:39] Alissa expounds on the grey area between using medication in conjunction with therapy and/or coaching.
You don’t need to be ashamed if your choice is to use medication.
- [19:06] When your biggest challenge is directly related to your strength themes.
Like so many entrepreneurs, and especially ADHD entrepreneurs, my brain is constantly generating ideas.
- [22:56] Alissa shares her two cents to understand Diann’s challenge and offers some tips in overcoming them.
Keep that why in front of you to continue to keep your Significance engaged in the process.
- [27:21] The other big struggle for entrepreneurs and knowing when to ask for help.
- [28:40] Alissa imparts some strategies on how she made her podcast launch a success.
It was like I pushed the gold button and I just went.
- [37:09] Realizing WHY as a good filter for evaluating new opportunities
Is this consistent with MY why and WHY I’m doing this? If it doesn’t pass all those filters, it’s a no.
- [40:36] Podcast recommendation of the week!
- Diann’s Website
- Connect with Diann on Facebook
- Connect with Diann on LinkedIn
- Gregg Clunis
- Cari Twitchell
- Teresa Heath-Wareing
- Google Drive
- Maximize Your Strengths
- Podcast of the Week: ADHD reWired with Eric Tivers
33 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 38 mins duration .