Manage episode 242523943 series 2281334
- Rakuten: A shopping portal where you can get cash-back on purchases from your favorite stores. We use it for Groupon, Amazon, Walmart, travel sites and more. If you haven’t tried Rakuten yet we’ve got a $10 welcome bonus for you on your first purchase of $25 or more when you sign up through frugalfriendspodcast.com/rakuten
- Saving Your Wrappers: We’re mostly talking about gum here, but I am sure you can get creative with other types of wrappers. For an avid gum chewer myself, I am a big fan of saving my tiny paper or foil wrappers. There’s nothing worse than chewing the last bit of flavor out of that stick of gum and not having any place to spit it out! If you’re my grandfather you would just put the chewed gum behind your ear for later use - but choose the more hygienic option and save your wrapper! Saving your wrappers - saving sidewalks, the undersides of desks, and the back of your ears since 1946
We got to interview budget girl all about living off of one income and how she achieved financial goals on a tiny budget
- Tell us about your debt payoff journey?
- What were some of the challenges of paying off your debt as a single person? What were some of the advantages?
- Now that you have a boyfriend, how do you handle money together?
- What’s your biggest piece of advice for someone paying off debt on a single income?
BILL OF THE WEEK - Sarah - thanks for sharing with us your dream of a mortgage bill!
- If you want to submit your bill of the week visit frugalfriendspodcast.com/bill to leave us a bill
Budget girl’s budgeting tips:
- Double check numbers - use pen and paper!
- Give yourself a category of miscellaneous or ‘wiggle room’
- Have a goal you are working toward (getting out of debt, house, car, travel, etc) this will help you keep from ‘just spending it’
Get more from budget girl at youtube.com/budgetgirl
Frugal Friends Book Club: