Manage episode 179788250 series 1259920
This week I sit down with Rak Razam and Niles Heckman – psychonauts, journalists, provocateurs, and the film-makers responsible for Shamans of the Global Village.
In a conversation too full of awesome neologisms, delightful turns of phrase, one-liners, and weird genius for me to convey it all, we talk about the role of creative media in helping usher in new modes of human consciousness – and what we’re learning those new modes might be. We finally get into WHAT those unborn archeologists listening to Future Fossils might be like…and our conjecture’s going to surprise you.
Books we Reference: (Links are through my Amazon Affiliate account – if you buy any of these books, I get a small percentage of the sale at no cost to you. Or you can bookmark this link to the Amazon Homepage and they'll send me a tiny cut of anything you purchase.) Octavio Rettig – The Toad of Dawn
Gabor Maté – In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts
Richard Doyle – Darwin’s Pharmacy: Sex, Plants, & The Evolution of the Noosphere
Eckhart Tolle – The Power of Now: A Guide To Spiritual Enlightenment
Rudolf Steiner – How to Know Higher Worlds: A Modern Path of Initiation
Ramez Naam – Nexus
Terence McKenna & Dennis McKenna – The Invisible Landscape: Mind, Hallucinogens, & The I Ching
Among the topics we fly by:
• 5-Meo DMT and psychedelic neurochemistry;
• Nondual philosophy and the methodologies by which the dissolution of the self-other boundary can be achieved;
• The correlation between flow states and gamma brainwaves;
• “God’s Factory Reset” and the relationship between 5-Meo DMT and endocrinological healing;
• The bizarre mystery that snails apparently operate on gamma brainwave states (“SNAILS MAKE GAMMA”);
• New forms of social media (and new ways of engaging social media) that emphasize community, fellowship, equity, listening, and other real human values;
• The possibility that it is actually the cardiac and enteric nervous systems experiencing and reporting from deep psychedelic states, while the frontal lobe is down-regulated;
• The curious phenomenon of spontaneous gesturing (automatic “mudras”) during tryptamine experiences, and what might be the cause and purpose of them;
• Intelligence in nature, distributed through countless species and systems but potentially orchestrated at an incomprehensible level of unity;
• The importance of direct experience in understanding the strange realms divulged by psychedelics, and beginning to investigate them scientifically;
• The coming wave of “technodelics” that can link human minds together into new meta-organisms and launch us into novel states of consciousness and modes of interacting with reality;
• Experimental designs for exploring the content and revelations of threshold tryptamine doses in “group mind” protocols;
• …We actually talk A LOT about snails.
• Gary Weber - http://happiness-beyond-thought.blogspot.com
“I’m on the outer edge, the lip, the cauldron of Deep Source itself. And there’s an event horizon within which, just before I can lose full egoic consciousness and the drop has become the ocean, that drop can see the entire ocean like a tsunami wave cresting on the horizon. And on that lip, on that event horizon, EVERYTHING is there. I get this incredibly tangible, intuitive sense of the ancestors – and I don’t mean just my chronological, biological ancestors, I mean all those who have gone before in the species and are still perhaps alive as discarnate intelligences on the akashic frequency level on this bandwidth just before the edge of Deep Source, or perhaps intelligences that live within the lights and within the outer edge of Deep Source.” - Rak Razam
“Within the last ten, fifteen years, we’ve learned an incredible amount about the brain and about psychedelics and about the physical correlates of human consciousness. And we’ve found – without any shadow of any kind of a doubt – with the most rigorous neurological methods available to us – that these spaces that shamans and zen masters and other enlightened or awakened people have been getting into for thousands of years – we’ve found that these things are real.” - Michael Garfield
“Most social media is not social media, it’s anti-social media.” - Niles Heckman
“It’s not that the ego needs to be killed - it needs to be brought back into right relationship. And psychedelics have proven throughout the 20th Century - and no entheogens and shamanic sacraments again in the 21st - when we reduce the default mode network and lower the egoic self, we rejoin a larger sense of being, and a planetary being, and a divine being, and it seems to be the antidote to history.” - Rak Razam
“Is it safe for us to say, then, that ‘Dream Juice Is The Antidote To History?” - Michael Garfield
“I’ve seen enough around the corner to know what I need to do next. And it’s a deep transformation of my habits, my rituals, my relationship with life, with myself, my family, my loved ones, my community…and I think it’s the deepening of the spiritual path. And it makes it very tangible, whether I like it or not. I can hide from it, it doesn’t go away. The awareness of awareness of that thing is with me every day. That’s what it [5 MeO-DMT] has done for me.” - Rak Razam
47 episodes available. A new episode about every 11 days averaging 73 mins duration .