Future of Agriculture 113: Reducing Food Waste and Fraud through Hyperspectral Imaging with Abi Ramanan of Impact Vision
Manage episode 214543957 series 2394879
Abi Ramanan is the CEO of Impact Vision, a company that seeks to build a more secure and transparent food system with the use of hyperspectral technology. The company envisions to reduce the cost of food waste and food fraud through software that provides users with information on food quality, rapidly and non-invasively. Abi is also the founder of Papi’s Pickles and Co-founder of DayOld, food enterprises that tackles food waste and unemployment in migrant communities and promotes gender equality.
Abi joins me today to discuss her company’s fantastic innovation for the food and ag industry. She describes what hyperspectral imaging technology is and how space technology can fuse with the food supply chain to solve food waste and food fraud problems. She also describes how their software works in detecting food fraud, how it provides users with information, and shares some of their current and future projects.
“We need to decrease food production and produce more food for the growing population with less resources.” - Abi Ramanan
This Week on The Future of Agriculture Podcast:
- What hyperspectral technology is and how it can benefit the agriculture industry.
- What inspired Abi to apply hyperspectral technology to food?
- How this technology can reduce food waste.
- The economical and global impact of testing 100% of food instead of a small representative.
- What food fraud is and how hyperspectral technology can help test for it.
- Their business strategy in choosing where to apply this technology.
- The company's plans for the future.
- Why they choose Terra over other accelerators.
Abi Ramanan’s Key Takeaways:
- We need to equip the supply chain with newer tools to test for food safety.
- We can combine space technology with the supply chain in order to bring about a technological revolution in the ag industry.
Connect with Abi Ramanan:
We Are a Part of a Bigger Family!
Share the Ag-Love!
Thanks for joining us on the Future of Agriculture Podcast – your spot for valuable information, content, and interviews with industry leaders throughout the agricultural space! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please subscribe on iTunes and leave your honest feedback. Don’t forget to share it with your friends on your favorite social media spots!
Learn more about AgGrad by visiting:
156 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 32 mins duration .