Manage episode 224020483 series 2394879
The concept of Soil Health deals with making sure the land where our farms stand will remain the same for the next generation. This was the goal of my journey in bringing the awareness of soil health to the world, and I couldn’t have done it without the help of Jim Loar of Cool Planet.
This special episode will be the culmination of all the farms I visited and the amazing farmers I met along the way. I share where I draw my passion for agriculture and being immersed in this scientifically-driven industry. I discuss the different aspects of agriculture and the farmers who best represented them. I explain how much technology is driving the recent agricultural innovations. I also describe the people behind the farms I went to and how they’re contributing to soil health and sustainability.
“Agriculture exists to solve our most complex problems to meet our most basic needs."
This Week on The Future of Agriculture Podcast:
- Round-up of the Stories from the Soil visits and episodes.
- Where my love for agriculture came from.
- The farmers I met along the way and why they're awesome.
- How data and technology have affected the way farmers manage and operate farms today.
- How innovation is driving the growth of the agriculture industry.
- The six aspects of agriculture and what they mean from a global perspective.
- There is an element in agriculture of collaboration. Be willing to help out your neighbor.
- If you're not doing what's right for the soil, it's going to be very difficult to sustain it for the next generation.
2019 AgGrad 30 Under 30
Help us celebrate the top 30 future leaders of agriculture! Nominate your favorite up-and-coming, future executives, innovators, and influencers in the following agriculture categories:
- Production Agriculture
- Research & Technology
- Education & Advocacy
Nominations for the 2019 AgGrad 30 Under 30 list are now open and are scheduled to close Thursday, January 31, 2019, at 11:59 PM. Self-nominations are accepted.
Winners will be announced March 2019.
To learn more about the eligibility requirements, announcement date and location, and to nominate for the 2019 AgGrad 30 Under 30 list, visit: 30Under30.ag
We Are a Part of a Bigger Family!
Share the Ag-Love!
Thanks for joining us on the Future of Agriculture Podcast – your spot for valuable information, content, and interviews with industry leaders throughout the agricultural space! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please subscribe on iTunes and leave your honest feedback. Don’t forget to share it with your friends on your favorite social media spots!
Learn more about AgGrad by visiting:
156 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 32 mins duration .