Manage episode 247045020 series 1114634
Dr. Ray Goldberg holds the title of George M. Moffett Professor of Agriculture and Business, Emeritus at Harvard Business School. He’s among the pioneers of modern agribusiness, coining the term himself. He is the author of Food Citizenship, a book that talks about the global food system and the many faces that are leading the charge in changing the way we look at food and agriculture forever. Ray has decades of experience in the industry, from authoring journal articles and teaching materials to holding seminars about climate and its effect on food systems.
Ray joins me today to share the progress the ag industry has made over the many years he has watched over it. He describes the need to form a group of individuals that represent different parts of the industry, the reason why he authored his latest book, and what readers can expect. He explains the relationship between capitalism and agriculture, and why the government needs to help small farmers more. Ray also shares his thoughts on millennials and why he looks forward to what they can bring for the next generation.
“Unless we get the food system done correctly, we won’t have the kind of productivity or the kind of lifestyle we want for future generations.” - Dr. Ray Goldberg
This Week on The Future of Agriculture Podcast:
- Why his first meeting with those in the food and ag business was a disaster.
- How they came to the decision to constantly renew ag information and relationships annually.
- The need to limit the number of people in his group.
- His criteria in choosing the people to be included in his book.
- The relationship between capitalism in agriculture and the public good.
- When he coined the term ‘agribusiness’.
- Why he was adamant at bringing important people in agriculture together.
- Living in an era of distrust in the food system.
- His thoughts on millennials and their acceptance of change.
- The big questions he's always asking himself throughout his career.
- Why small scale farmers should have more support from the government.
Connect with Dr. Ray Goldberg
We Are a Part of a Bigger Family!
Join the Conversation!
To get your most pressing ag questions answered and share your perspective on various topics we’ve discussed on the Future of Agriculture podcast, head over to SpeakPipe.com/FutureofAg and leave a recorded message!
Share the Ag-Love!
Thanks for joining us on the Future of Agriculture Podcast – your spot for valuable information, content, and interviews with industry leaders throughout the agricultural space! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please subscribe on iTunes and leave your honest feedback. Don’t forget to share it with your friends on your favorite social media spots!
Learn more about AgGrad by visiting: