Manage episode 221162032 series 1114634
Connie Bowen is the Principal and Program Manager of The Yield Lab as well as the Principal of Cultivation Capital. The Yield Lab is an accelerator program for entrepreneurs in the agriculture industry. The program’s mission is to enable agribusinesses to revolutionize agrifood systems and promote sustainability through educational resources and support.
Connie joins me today to share The Yield Lab’s mission and how they help entrepreneurs build sustainable agribusinesses through their accelerator program. She discusses how technology is impacting the agriculture industry, how the company utilizes agtech to promote global expansion, and how the company is revolutionizing the accelerator model. She also shares what startup agribusinesses can expect by applying and participating in The Yield Lab’s programs as well as her perspective on the state of technology in the agriculture industry.
“Our global network is an asset for companies - so we can help them to expand at a rate that is appropriate for them.” - Connie Bowen
This Week on The Future of Agriculture Podcast:
- What inspired her to build a career in the agriculture industry.
- How she began working with The Yield Lab.
- How the company is revolutionizing the way accelerators are meeting the needs of agtech and agribusinesses.
- How The Yield Lab defines agtech.
- What agribusinesses can expect when applying and working with the accelerator program.
- Why the company decided to expand into multiple countries.
- Which countries are their accelerator programs currently available?
- How The Yield Lab customizes their programs to meet the needs of their portfolio companies.
- The various programs available through the program.
- Her perspective on the state of agtech.
- It is very difficult to expand into a new foreign country, but it is necessary for companies to scale.
- There is a need for more people to look at ag as a very serious opportunity for innovation.
- Ag technology, right now, is such a collaborative space.
Connect with Connie Bowen:
2019 AgGrad 30 Under 30
Help us celebrate the top 30 future leaders of agriculture! Nominate your favorite up-and-coming, future executives, innovators, and influencers in the following agriculture categories:
- Production Agriculture
- Research & Technology
- Education & Advocacy
Nominations for the 2019 AgGrad 30 Under 30 list are now open and are scheduled to close Thursday, January 31, 2019, at 11:59 PM. Self-nominations are accepted.
Winners will be announced March 2019.
To learn more about the eligibility requirements, announcement date and location, and to nominate for the 2019 AgGrad 30 Under 30 list, visit: 30Under30.ag
We Are a Part of a Bigger Family!
Share the Ag-Love!
Thanks for joining us on the Future of Agriculture Podcast – your spot for valuable information, content, and interviews with industry leaders throughout the agricultural space! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please subscribe on iTunes and leave your honest feedback. Don’t forget to share it with your friends on your favorite social media spots!
Learn more about AgGrad by visiting:
167 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 32 mins duration .