Manage episode 239018469 series 1114634
Chris Damico is the CEO and Founder at Farm’d. Farm’d is described as an online platform that enables farmers to connect to local buyers directly. The idea was born from annual price hikes, long transits, and expensive middlemen. Chris’ company benefit farmers through their transparency in market prices and profitability, as well as offer convenient ways to confirm and adjust orders in real time.
Chris joins me today to describe how Farm’d works and how farmers can join the platforms. He shares what it was like to source for capital and the company’s humble beginnings. He explains how their platform works, the services they offer, and the benefits to both consumer and seller. Chris also discusses what they’re looking for in future users.
“If the technology's not right at the right time, it's not going to work.” - Chris Damico
This Week on The Future of Agriculture Podcast:
- How he stumbled on the issues regarding food sourcing.
- Putting farmers first and how their programs work.
- Handling food demand and how their farmers are prepared to sell direct.
- Why the online marketplace is everything in this type of business.
- The profitability of being part of their system.
- Sourcing funds from angel investors when they were starting out.
- Their criteria for farmers wanting to join their platform.
Connect with Chris Damico:
We Are a Part of a Bigger Family!
Join the Conversation!
To get your most pressing ag questions answered and share your perspective on various topics we’ve discussed on the Future of Agriculture podcast, head over to SpeakPipe.com/FutureofAg and leave a recorded message!
Share the Ag-Love!
Thanks for joining us on the Future of Agriculture Podcast – your spot for valuable information, content, and interviews with industry leaders throughout the agricultural space! If you enjoyed this week’s episode, please subscribe on iTunes and leave your honest feedback. Don’t forget to share it with your friends on your favorite social media spots!
Learn more about AgGrad by visiting: