Manage episode 220023867 series 1417401
- What inspired the book Hire Women, and Debbie's unique approach to writing it.
- The characteristics of being a great leader isn't something we're born with—it's something we learn over time. And sometimes, when you're least expecting it, life can throw you a curveball that inadvertently results in you becoming an even better leader. Debbie's story is a prime example of just that.
- Diverse teams are more effective and get more done than homogenous ones. Yet, despite decades of effort, many tech teams are failing at hiring and retaining women. The reason: we’re looking in the wrong place. Hiring women doesn’t start with recruiting—but she'll tell you where it does start and how to revamp your approach.
- Want to champion inclusion and diversity within your organization? Debbie has some great advice on how to make that happen, in a way that's measurable and sustainable and positions you for success.
- Debbie's advice to women on how to do some work in advance that will allow more buy in for their ideas and presentations (and it's really simple).
10 episodes available. A new episode about every 79 days averaging 26 mins duration .