FTP083: Duncan Trussell - Decentralized Organizing Principles in Society, and The Evolution of Consciousness
Manage episode 224893993 series 32535
Duncan Trussell - actor, comedian and the host of Duncan Trussell Family Hour, is back on Future Thinkers for the second time. In this episode we talk about some of the pressing topics of our time, like developing individual and collective consciousness, evolving the structure and functioning of the human society, and the importance of a consistent spiritual practice for understanding ourselves and the world we live in.
In This Episode of Future Thinkers:
- Why there is so much anxiety in the Millennial generation
- Horizontalism - a decentralized way for groups to organize
- Stigmergy, or indirect coordination, in animals and humans
- The origins of the legal ban of psychedelics
- The illusion of individualism and how our society got fragmented
- Is liquid democracy viable?
- Disowning the collective narratives and embracing impermanence
- The benefits of contemplating your own mortality
- Is there a fundamental nature to all things?
- How to recognize when you are being coaxed into a certain narrative
- The myths around enlightenment, and why it is not special
- Why the purpose of meditation is not in chasing peak experiences
Show notes: http://www.futurethinkers.org/83
Join the Future Thinkers Community on Discord: https://www.futurethinkers.org/discord
This episode is sponsored by: http://www.futurethinkers.org/qualia
Recommend a sponsor for Future Thinkers: http://www.futurethinkers.org/recommend
Support us on Patreon: http://www.futurethinkers.org/support
97 episodes available. A new episode about every 10 days averaging 43 mins duration .