Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on May 23, 2019 10:03 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 228956987 series 32535
Identity politics have become a hot topic in the Western world. People tend to attach their sense of identity to certain political ideas, gender identity, ethnic or religious group, sexual orientation etc, and often get triggered when they perceive their identity is being threatened.
Today we discuss why it is useful and important to detach from these categories in order to develop psychologically. We talk about how to deconstruct your identity and tell the stories of how we have done it.In This Episode Of Future Thinkers:
- What it means to deconstruct your identity, and how it enables us to see things more objectively
- The current narratives of diversity, oppression and globalization as formative forces
- The relationship between individual expression and narcissistic culture
- Why it is difficult to stand out in a globalized culture and why we emphasize differences
- Why people remain attached to ideas even after those ideas are disproved
- The role of basic human needs when it comes to attachments
- The different methods for deconstructing identity
- Getting comfortable with contradiction and letting go of the attachment to results
Complete show notes with links: http://www.futurethinkers.org/89
Preorder Future Thinkers Courses: http://courses.futurethinkers.org
96 episodes available. A new episode about every 11 days averaging 44 mins duration .