Manage episode 238137861 series 179672
We all know less can be more, but doing less is hard. We all hate to be out worked. Coach Tony Holler came to track and field coaching as an outsider and stumbled upon the benefits of minimalist training. On this week's GAINcast he joins us to talk about how his training program came about, how it is put together, and additional thoughts on training speed. For more information on this topic, read the complete show notes at: http://www.hmmrmedia.com/2019/07/gaincast-episode-165-minimalist-training-with-tony-holler/
The following links were referenced in the podcast or provide some additional reading material on the topic:
- The GAINcast is brought to you by GAIN and HMMR Media. This month’s site theme is the speed. We've got lot of great content planned, starting with Vern Gambetta's classic Total Speed DVD, now available for HMMR Plus members to stream. Join HMMR Plus so that you don't miss out and get full access to our video, article, and podcast archive here on HMMR Media.
- You can follow Holler on Twitter at @pntrack.
- Holler is the co-founder of the Track Football Consortium an annual performance clinic. He also writes some great articles on their blog, including a look at gobbledygook. He also has written frequently for ITCCCA, including this critique of sub-maximal sprinting.
- We have some good episodes about speed in our archives, including this month's GAINcast 164: Team speed, as well as older episodes like GAINcast 115: Train speed in and GAINcast 39: Teaching Speed.
- We also have many more videos on training speed in the HMMR Classroom including basic speed exercises and drills in HMMR Classroom Lesson 6 with Joe McNab. For more advanced concepts, watch Lesson 7 on robust running with John Pryor and Lesson 15 on hip lock with Frans Bosch.
- Additional resources on sprinting can be found on our sprints page and were covered in our May 2018 site theme.
168 episodes available. A new episode about every 12 days averaging 44 mins duration .