Gemba Academy Podcast: Lean Manufacturing | Lean Office | Six Sigma | Toyota Kata | Productivity | Leadership
GA 262 | The Next Generation of Lean with Tyler Athey
Manage episode 231124736 series 2460675
This week’s guest is Tyler Athey. Tyler is at the beginning of his career but has accomplished a lot in just a few years. Ron and Tyler touched on a lot of different aspects of lean, including kanban systems, flow, culture, and more. An MP3 audio version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Two quotes that inspire Tyler (2:22)
- Tyler’s background and his start in lean (3:50)
- His experience using kanban (8:09)
- One of Ron’s anecdotes about the waste of motion (11:50)
- Running out of parts (12:44)
- Advice he would give his younger self (14:28)
- Finding the right balance (17:03)
- Focusing on learning faster (24:04)
- Ron’s advice on batching, flow, and machinery (31:35)
- Ron’s advice on final assembly cells (36:37)
- The millennial take on the lean movement (44:05)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- The Toyota Kata Practice Guide
- Tyler on LinkedIn
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone.
The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
Looking back on the very beginning of your lean journey…what advice would you give your younger self?
181 episodes available. A new episode about every 7 days averaging 37 mins duration .