Gemba Academy Podcast: Lean Manufacturing | Lean Office | Six Sigma | Toyota Kata | Productivity | Leadership
GA 266 | The True Value of Cost Reduction with Amery Williams
Manage episode 233007292 series 2460675
This week’s guest is Amery Williams. Ron and Amery discussed cost reduction and its role in continuous improvement, which can sometimes be controversial. An MP3 audio version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- Amery’s favorite quote (1:28)
- How Amery got started with lean (3:12)
- What Amery is up to these days (4:57)
- How cost reduction makes a difference (6:01)
- How Amery identifies where to cut costs (9:10)
- Achieving a balance (11:05)
- Quantifying the cost of poor quality (13:15)
- The lean tools Amery finds helpful (16:46)
- Practical tips for unearthing areas of financial waste (18:06)
- About fishbone diagrams (19:41)
- The value of video work instructions (21:44)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Amery on LinkedIn
- Kaizen Collab
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone. The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
NEW! You can now follow the podcast on Spotify here.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
How do you feel about cost reduction in the context of a lean initiative?
182 episodes available. A new episode about every 6 days averaging 37 mins duration .