Gemba Academy Podcast: Lean Manufacturing | Lean Office | Six Sigma | Toyota Kata | Productivity | Leadership
GA 269 | Establishing a Standard Behavior with Skip Steward
Manage episode 234999631 series 2460675
This week’s guest is Skip Steward. Ron and Skip had a long conversation all about healthcare and the transformative powers of TWI, Toyota Kata, and more. An MP3 audio version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The two quotes that inspire Skip (3:31)
- Why it’s so hard to listen (4:37)
- Skip’s background and what he’s up to these days (6:38)
- Their evolution (8:34)
- About the Job Instruction component of TWI (11:41)
- The emotional nature of the journey (16:33)
- Where they store their Job Instruction Breakdowns (24:39)
- How they share (26:37)
- Their journey with Toyota Kata (27:50)
- How they use Strategic A3s (30:06)
- Setting the target condition (33:19)
- Writing obstacles (36:04)
- Making Job Methods appropriate for healthcare (43:29)
- How the “Eliminate” component works (46:41)
- Skip’s advice (51:49)
- About Skip’s new book (1:01:01)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- TWI, Kata, and Respect for People with Skip Steward and Brandon Brown
- Getting the Right Things Done
- Baptist Memorial on Youtube
- Creating an Effective Management System: Integrating Policy Deployment, TWI, and Kata
- Skip on LinkedIn
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone. The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
NEW! You can now follow the podcast on Spotify here.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
What is the true value of TWI in your opinion?
186 episodes available. A new episode about every 0 hours averaging 37 mins duration .