Gemba Academy Podcast: Lean Manufacturing | Lean Office | Six Sigma | Toyota Kata | Productivity | Leadership
GA 294 | Using Improv to Improve with Mary Lemmer
Manage episode 246657732 series 2460675
This week’s guest is Mary Lemmer. Mary leveraged her unique background in improv comedy and entrepreneurship to create a fun and effective training methodology that has helped countless organizations overcome all kinds of obstacles. A MP3 audio version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- One of Mary’s favorite quotes (3:09)
- Mary’s background (4:59)
- About her LinkedIn photo (9:55)
- Why improv feels like freedom (12:20)
- Improv comedy and leadership (14:33)
- About the process (18:19)
- The role of empathy (24:12)
- How personality types factor in (26:04)
- Some of Mary’s favorite improv moments (30:20)
- The “First Word Last Word” exercise (32:30)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Mary’s Website
- Mary on LinkedIn
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone. The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
NEW! You can now follow the podcast on Spotify here.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
What about the successful use of improv in a business/leadership context do you find the most surprising? The least surprising?