Gemba Academy Podcast: Lean Manufacturing | Lean Office | Six Sigma | Toyota Kata | Productivity | Leadership
GA 296 | How Toyota Uses Agile with Nigel Thurlow
Manage episode 247541395 series 2460675
This week’s guest is Nigel Thurlow. At the time of this recording Nigel was Chief of Agile at Toyota Connected. He has since moved on from Toyota Connected. Nigel explained how Toyota has used agile, and why it’s so important for organizations to be able to understand complex problems and adapt to fast-changing conditions. A MP3 audio version of this episode is available for download here.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- About Nigel (2:34)
- The roots of PDCA and empiricism (5:32)
- Understanding complexity and teamwork (6:29)
- Why organizational agility matters (9:10)
- Designing the value stream (13:40)
- How this thinking has been received at Toyota (15:22)
- Nigel’s thoughts on Amazon (19:09)
- His advice moving forward (20:28)
- Right Click to Download this Podcast as an MP3
- Download a Free Audio Book at Audible.com
- Nigel on LinkedIn
- Toyota Connected
Subscribe & Never Miss New Episodes!
If you enjoyed this podcast please be sure to subscribe on iTunes. Once you’re a subscriber all new episodes will be downloaded to your iTunes account and smartphone. The easiest way for iPhone users to listen to the show is via the free, and incredible, Podcast app.
NEW! You can now follow the podcast on Spotify here.
You can also subscribe via Stitcher which is definitely Android friendly.
What Do You Think?
From your perspective, how and why does organizational agility matter?