Negotiation Mastery: Negotiation Lessons From A Former FBI Hostage Negotiator For Becoming More Persuasive with Chris Voss and Joe Polish - Genius Network Episode #138
Manage episode 247843598 series 1270948
Want to learn how to persuade like an FBI hostage negotiator? Chris Voss, a master of negotiations, tells you how you can use life-saving negotiation techniques to save your business in today’s Genius Network episode.
Here’s a glance at what you’ll learn from Chris in this episode:
- Why Oprah Winfrey is the greatest negotiator of all time (PLUS: The skills needed to be a great negotiator).
- Chris’ definition of “negotiation” and the most common mistakes to avoid when negotiating.
- A 30-second technique for making yourself 31% smarter and more effective.
- What “Never Split The Difference” means and why compromise is the dumbest idea on the planet.
- Why a “yes” response is meaningless (and how to know if you’re getting “false yeses”).
- What the best negotiators do to get results under extreme pressure.
- How to get what you want by being assertive while maintaining an empathic relationship.
- One of the most effective ways to spot a liar (Chris shares EXACTLY what to look for).
- The three voice tones you can use when negotiating and when to use them.
- Is there any person or situation you can’t negotiate with? Chris reveals the truth…
- The Subtle Art of Bending Reality: How to use emotional drivers to get what you want.
- How to use the “Proof of Life” strategy to gain control and influence within a negotiation.
- What to do when a negotiation goes bad (AND: The most surprising thing Chris learned working for the FBI).
- The surprising reason why you want to think about predictability (not trust) in relationships.
- How to protect yourself from being taken advantage of and create REAL win-win outcomes.